"These People"

Discussion regarding Ex-Yeltz-Players and where they are now...
YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

"These People"

Post by YeltzDoc » 11 Jan 2022, 17:35

Excellent dig up by @YeltzHistory

I thought I'd know several on there immediately, but not one! I could argue for the Big Ginger Wheelie Bin at the back and Nasty Derek with his hand across his eyes, but they're both wrong.
Lots of Ellnett and toshes going on. It's like a Kajagoogoo gig attended by the Kevin Webster appreciation society.

And isn't everybody pasty-as-feck considering it was nearly May. Although, a long time before "Austin Fortnight".
And vegetables by the look of it.

Click for embigification and identification.
FHKqQr_XwAYCYqM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: "These People"

Post by Westyeltz » 12 Jan 2022, 08:18

The bloke you thought was Nasty Derek was in fact Hercule Poirot in typical "oooh Hastings, I do not know" pose.
Used to live on the Squirrels estate near Franks Dad.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 12 Jan 2022, 09:06

the two lads at the front just behind the police officer, I think look like Whitehouse's........ Craig and his elder bro, Paul, but as I didn't watch us then, and so can only go on how they looked circa 5-10 years after, I'd need ex-captain marvel to confirm............ ;D

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 12 Jan 2022, 10:29

I've found Cilla.

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 12 Jan 2022, 18:41

Policemen aren't as tall as they used to be. No need for surveillance techology here, just employ a 7-foot tall bobby to stand head & shoulders above everyone else to oversee the crowd. Also useful for putting up that banner. Unless he ducks, it looks like he'd bang his head on the Cornbow Hall entrance though.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 12 Jan 2022, 20:43

And of course, Cornbow Hall was named after Stewart's father.

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 13 Jan 2022, 05:36

DJ wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 18:41
Policemen aren't as tall as they used to be. No need for surveillance techology here, just employ a 7-foot tall bobby to stand head & shoulders above everyone else to oversee the crowd. Also useful for putting up that banner. Unless he ducks, it looks like he'd bang his head on the Cornbow Hall entrance though.
Not quite correct, DJ. As we all know coppers work in pairs - Starsky and Hutch / Cagney and Lacey / Kojac and Lollipop - and indeed we have the pair at the front of the crowd.
The one at the back was sat on his mates shoulders, thus making the theory of him being really tall most unlikely. ;)