Nigel Penney

Discussion regarding Ex-Yeltz-Players and where they are now...
Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Nigel Penney

Post by Simons » 17 Sep 2013, 20:12

Apparently gone on loan to Tipton

Tipton Town are delighted to announce the signing of striker Nigel Penney on loan from Halesowen Town.

Nigel, who has previously played for Tipton Town before heading to The Yeltz in the summer, will be available for tomorrow night’s game against Stourport Swifts.

Tipton Town boss Ian Rowe said: “We’re incredibly grateful to John Hill at Halesowen for doing us a favour and letting us take Nigel on loan.

“He’ll be at home having played for Tipton previously and I know all about what he’s capable of.

“Sadly, I think it was too much to ask even of John that he be allowed to play in the FA Cup tie at Halesowen but he will be in the squad for the Stourport game and I’m delighted to have him on board, albeit for an undetermined temporary basis.

“There’s plenty of players and staff relations between Tipton and Halesowen, not least with John Hill having been gaffer here for a decade and I think there’s a good relationship between the two clubs so hopefully we can both do justice to what should be an outstanding contest.”

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Nigel Penney

Post by Wheels » 17 Sep 2013, 21:11

On the face of it this would seem to leave us rather short of strikers with the injury to Brady.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 19 Sep 2013, 09:37

In what we have seen from John Hill I am not concerned for Penny to go elsewhere at the moment.

I just wonder if we will see a new name on the team sheet at the weekend?

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 19 Sep 2013, 19:53

I like Nigel Penney as he is busy and late in a game when the opposition back line have the ball he rushes them into playing the ball forward quickly, thus resulting in less accurate passing etc, I can understand in a way though and John Hill knows what he is doing, as has been said there maybe a new name on the subs bench at least Saturday !

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 19 Sep 2013, 21:38

Agree with Dazza here. I like what I've seen of Nigel, and he's the kind of player that I'm happy to see come off the subs bench and leg it about when everyone else is flagging. Not a first team regular, but I don't think that what John has ever expected of him.

Also agree with Wheels. I would (like to) think that we might be in the process of procuring a striker, as we certainly can't continue with just the two. Be interested to know what we're in the market for.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 20 Sep 2013, 09:45

I believe Tipton have no game on Saturday and are playing in a Friendly. I presume Nigel will be back in the squad for the Brigg game.